About the course
This course will teach students how to initiate a knowledge management program at home as wherever there are humans working together for one goal, there is knowledge to be harvested, stored and dispensed as needed. Knowledge Management is the establishment of a system that captures knowledge purposefully for incorporating into business strategies, policies and practices at all levels of the company. Organisations that allow knowledge to go unmanaged may be giving their competitors the upper hand in the market. The organisation that is able to capture, store and retrieve knowledge effectively is then capable of learning as an organisation. A learning organisation is one where employees are empowered to change and develop new methods, thoughts and strategies that will advance the mission of their organisation.
What will I learn?
The Course Topics include:
1. Understanding Knowledge Management
2. Do’s and Don’ts
3. The Knowledge Management Life Cycle
4. The New Knowledge Management Paradigm
5. Knowledge Management Models
6. Building a Knowledge Management Rationale
7. Customising Knowledge Management Definitions
8. Implementing Knowledge Management in Your Organisation
9. Tips for Success
10. Advanced Topics
Benefits of the course
Course Objectives are as follows:
1. To understand the basic concept of knowledge management (KM)
2. To identify the do’s and don’ts of KM
3. To identify the KM live cycle
4. To identify the new KM paradigm
5. To identify the KM models
6. To understand how to build a KM rational for your company
7. To understand how to customize KM definitions
8. To identify the steps to implementing KM in your organization
9. To identify tips for success
Who is this course for?
Individuals who would like to know how to use the knowledge that they have and apply it to their business.