About the course
This course will help students understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. They will learn the importance of understanding how to communicate properly in different situations by paying attention to what it is they are communicating to others.
What will I learn?
The Course Topics include:
1. The Big Picture
2. Understanding Communication Barriers
3. Paraverbal Communication Skills
4. Non-Verbal Communication
5. Speaking Like a STAR
6. Listening Skills
7. Asking Good Questions
8. Appreciative Inquiry
9. Mastering the Art of Conversation
10. Advanced Communication Skills
Benefits of the course
Course Objectives are as follows:
1. To understand what communication is
2. To identify ways that communication can happen
3. To identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
4. To develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
5. To use the STAR method to speak on the spot
6. To listen actively and effectively
7. To ask good questions
8. To use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
9. To adeptly converse and network with others
10. To identify and mitigate precipitating factors
11. To establish common ground with others
12. To use “I” messages
Who is this course for?
Individuals who struggle with communication or who wish to further their existing knowledge of the topic.