About the course
In this course, students are taught important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be practised to attain both assertiveness and self-confidence. Students will be provided with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out their skills.
What will I learn?
The Course Topics include
1. Definitions of Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
2. Obstacles to Our Goals
3. Communication Skills
4. The Importance of Goal Setting
5. Feeling the Part
6. Looking the Part
7. Sounding the Part
8. Powerful Presentations
9. Coping Techniques
10. Dealing with Difficult Behaviour
Benefits of the course
Course Objectives are as follows:
1. To define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
2. To describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
3. To explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
4. To define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behaviour
5. To utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
6. To list the reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
7. To practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
8. To use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
9. To display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
10. To practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations
Who is this course for?
Individuals who want to develop their assertiveness and self-confidence to improve their chances of success in their chosen field.